Chief of Police
|Arrest Warrant List|
|HSI Most Wanted|
|Weekly Arrest Log|
The Detective Bureau is the foremost investigative component of the Police Department. It is charged with the administrative, legal, procedural and operational responsibilities attendant to the "Criminal Investigation" function. Major tasks and activities include:
- The in-depth investigation and solution of major felonies and other serious crimes requiring extensive crime scene examination, evidence collection, field interview and systematic follow-up.
- The development and preparation of "complete" case files for criminal prosecution.
- The processing of arrested persons and the presentation of custody subjects for arraignment.
- The application for and service of search and arrest warrants.
- The maintenance of complete investigation records, files, and case management systems.
Captain Thomas Steck is the Division Commander. He can be reached at 826-3120.